Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Momographer = FAIL

You'd probably think since I'm a photographer that I have just TONS of photos of my own kids.

Wrong.

I rarely snap photos of my boys, whether posed or not. I used to, but I think we all got tired of the inevitable sweat, frustration and tears that would ensue every time I opened my camera bag. Taking photos of kids isn't an easy task. Taking photos of your own kids is damn near impossible. They KNOW they don't have to listen -- they spend all day defying you. You don't have the same level of patience with them as you do children you don't have to spend all day day feeding, clothing and wiping the butts of. And, you don't have the luxury of an extra set of hands to wrangle the subject(s).

I knew what I was getting into, but it had been months. So, I decided to brave a mini session with the boys today. We were relegated to the house due to rain and a date with contractors to tear up our ceiling and wall, so we didn't have much else better to do.

There was definitely frustration. There was sweat. There were tears. There were bribes. But, we got some decent shots (more of Thing 1, of course...he's more bribeable. And forget about a shot of them together. PFFFFT. That's the holy grail of a photo I've been after since Thing 2 arrived on earth!)




































No comments:

Post a Comment